Friday Roundup (of News & Thoughts & Such) - October 21, 2022

Thoughts


It has been a really long few weeks for a lot of reasons. Ideally, we are past the worst of it. Maybe we aren’t. I don’t know.

In another window, I’m having a fairly productive exchange of correspondence with Microsoft customer service over my failed attempts to play Soulcalibur II, a game which I own but which has also been delisted. Does anyone really own anything in this crazy digital age?

News


1. I guess I’m going to be staying up all night to listen to a Taylor Swift album: 

At the time of this writing, we are mere hours away from the release of Midnights. If I can’t sleep tonight, and I really haven’t slept much all week, I’ll listen to it.

2. One of the Astroworld claims settled for an undisclosed amount: 

There will, presumably, be more to come. 

3. Go read Jeff Ihaza’s excellent piece in Rolling Stone about [REDACTED]:

This shit is news and I don’t want to talk about it, so I’ll point you elsewhere. 

4. BTS are going into the Korean military:

There’s some army / ARMY jokes to be made. They have likely already been made. 

5. Meryl Streep and Tracey Ullman performed onstage with Broken Social Scene:


6. Beck bowed out of a spot opening for Arcade Fire in light of the recent sexual misconduct allegations against Win Butler



Such

What’s channel.WAV listening to this week?



Botts: “I Miss You” by blink 182. @HAIM, will you come home and stop this pain tonight?


Theatrical banger: “Don’t Break the Rules” from Catch Me If you Can. Lookin’ at you, Putin. Don’t drop ‘em my dude.


Slone: I’m so very tired, folks. Listen to “I’m So Tired” by The Beatles. Not because it’s what I’ve been listening to. But because I’m so fucking tired.


Ritter: What's spoopier than this? Answer: nothing. I'm gonna throw a Halloween party and play this song on repeat and then people will really understand spooky season.


________________________________________________

Folks, we could use a little love -- give us a heart emoji in the comments and we'll share one back.

- Slone

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for yelling at us!