Fresh Friday - October 21st, 2022

I saw the greatest tweet of all time this week, and it is one hundred percent accurate:

Just look at literally any of the Taylor Nation tweets, the people believe anything with the wackiest theories. God bless they didn't fall down into the incel rabbit hole, at least.

Fun music fact of the week: I once convinced a classmate in high school band to shove his thumb in a tambourine hole after he told me he had previously gotten it stuck doing so. If you're unfamiliar with the anatomy of a tambourine, I present to you a diagram:

It's a very small hole, and the thumb a rather large digit. He'd get it out a few minutes later, but man was he stressed for those minutes. The more you know.

We've got some big music drops today, yeah? Some new music for your troubles:


Albums/EPs:

Taylor Swift - Midnights:

Good lord, I'm glad this album cycle is nearly over. So freaking chaotic, between the QAnon-like conspiracies and the last minute "surprise" extra edition, I can't take it anymore. Check out Taylor's video for lead single "Anti-Hero" below.

Arctic Monkeys - The Car:

Much like last week's the 1975 album, I am taking my time to digest this album. I like this a lot more, but it's not near my favorite Monkeys album.

Armani Caesar - The Liz 2:

Armani is the dark horse of Griselda Records, and damn she never disappoints. Kodak making an appearance is weird as fuck.

Bendigo Fletcher - Wingding:

Kentucky locals are back on their shit, and it is good.

Snoop Dogg x DJ Drama - Gangsta Grillz: I Still Got It:

Glad Uncle Snoop is taking a break from NFTs to show us he does indeed "still got it."

Carly Rae Jepsen - The Loneliest Time:

Remember those "Call Me Maybe" lip-sync videos? God, I don't miss them. This album is pretty good.


Singles/Music Videos:

Taylor Swift - "Anti-Hero":


NxWorries (Anderson .Paak & Knxwledge) - "Where I Go (feat. H.E.R.)":

If you liked Silk Sonic, oh man do I have a surprise for you.

Smino - "MatineƩ":

Smino's upcoming album has a song named "Ole Ass Kendrick" and I just wanna know what it sounds like. This track is good, though.

Jeremih - "Changes":

Hard to believe that just a few years ago Jeremih dominated the radio. I am old!

Ab-Soul - "Do Better":

It seems like an Ab-Soul album is inevitable... this single is very heavy, hope he is healing.

Your Old Droog - "Francis Ford Coppola":

This man's stellar 2022 isn't over yet. Is he rap-MVP of the year? I think so...


Misc.:

Post Malone - "Cooped Up / Return of the Mack":

Just, why? Why why why?

________________________________________________

As Chris Stapleton once asked, "what are you listening to? Is it a country band? Is it a sad song?" Is it from the list above? Let us know in the comments below!

- Ritter

Comments