Fresh Friday - September 23, 2022

We're thankful it's Friday, I bet you are, too!

Fun music fact of the week: our own Brandon Slone ghost wrote the chorus of U2's smash hit "Vertigo" after experiencing a wild moment of standing up too quickly from sitting down. 

Lots of great music out today!


Freddie Gibbs - "Dark Hearted":

Hard to believe we're only a week away from SSS finally releasing -- you can check out the tracklist here, and enjoy the absolutely great James Blake production above.


Lil Nas X - "STAR WALKIN'":

Nas went and bought the League of Legends... or something? Idk, stay tuned for the Friday Saturday Roundup. Meanwhile, this song is really good.


Kelsea Ballerini - SUBJECT TO CHANGE:

Last week I highlighted Kelsea's latest single, and I had no clue the album was due out this week. Fantastic from head to toe, and endearing to say the least. Give it a spin!


GloRilla - "Tomorrow 2 (with Cardi B)":

I know very little about GloRilla, but Cardi's verse is a monster. Great single.


5 Seconds of Summer - 5SOS5:

One Direction-lite is back and the title of their album really confused me for a bit this morning.


Alex G - God Save the Animals:

The wonder-guitarist is back and he never disappoints.


Jamie xx - "KILL DEM":

This is mesmerizing shit.


Sam Smith - "Unholy (feat. Kim Petras)":

An absolutely unexpected change in sound for Smith, I actually kinda like it.


Rico Nasty - "Gotsta Get Paid":

Rico debuted a music video for one of her standout tracks from Las Ruinas, her fantastic 2022 album, and it is amazing. Watch it!!


Bendigo Fletcher - "Strange Encounters":

Lexington, KY natives have returned and announced a forth-coming album, Wingdings. Here is their second single, more of that luscious folk sound that makes them so absolutely unique.


________________________________________________


What are you listening to today? What stuck out on this list? Let us know in the comments below!

- Ritter

Comments

  1. I also wrote the entirety of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” about a time I lost my keys when I was late for work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for yelling at us!