Fresh Friday - September 16th, 2022

Here we go, I'm gonna make it a whole article without complaining about school work!

Fun music fact of the week: Finland has more metal bands per capita than any other country -- 53.5 per 100,000 people! Wild shit.

Interested in new music? We got you covered:


Marcus Mumford - (self-titled):

I felt like Marcus steeping out solo was inevitable, but I didn't expect it to be this grandiose and powerful. Way to find a way to make it meaningful and triumphant, sir.


Kelsea Ballerini - "IF YOU'RE GOIN' DOWN (I'M GOIN' DOWN TOO)":

Kelsea has been a powerhouse in country music for a while, but the rollout for this album has felt differently, mostly because she's making the music she wants to make, having made her stamp on the radio. I love this song and "THE LITTLE THINGS."


Ab-Soul - "Moonshooter":

Some people say Soulo is a better lyricist than Kendrick... I don't agree with that, but I do enjoy his music. I also think his hit-making skills don't match up even slightly. There's always a couple lines or choices that I'm like... damn, you're so close to having a hit!


Rina Sawayama - Hold the Girl:

It's here! It's weird and all over the place!


Weyes Blood - "It's Not Just Me, It's Everybody":

I forgot how much enjoyment I get from this band, and this song was a great return for them.


Death Cab for Cutie - Asphalt Meadows:

Is this good? I might not be the best person to ask. I miss Kintsugi-era Death Cab.


Jessie Reyes - YESSIE:

Jessie has a really unique sound and voice, and it's always jarring at first, but then thoroughly enjoyable. She gives no shits about saying anything about anyone.


Fred again... - "Danielle (smile on my face) [feat. 070 Shake]":

Good house music! It exists! I love that Fred again... has taken a pandemic project and expanded it into such a wide-spanning idea for three separate albums.


Blood Orange - Four Songs:

Oh dear lord this is so good.


Wizkid - "Bad To Me":

The hit-making genius is back and this does not disappoint. If only it had come a little closer to summer!


Lukah - Raw Extractions:

Deep underground rap cut of the week, Lukah knows how to rap. Give it a spin.


________________________________________________


What are you listening to today? What stuck out on this list? Let us know in the comments below!

- Ritter

Comments