Fresh Friday - August 26th, 2022

Welcome! Of course the first week back to school would have one of the most jam-packed lineups for new music in a while! Forgive me for our inevitable, overloaded "Speed Round" at the end. I'll try not to get ahead of myself -- here's some new music we think should be on your radar:


The National - "Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver)":

I thought this was just okay, definitely a second-half song for me. I don't know if I'd ever listen to it again, to be quite honest. I'm also assuming this came to be thanks to Taylor Swift sessions. Excited to hear what else was made during those times recording folklore and evermore.


Margo Price - "Been to the Mountain":

Margo's last album was produced by Sturgill Simpson, and it was great, but it's awesome to see her stepping back into her own thing. Fantastic single here.


Muse - Will of the People:

Fun fact, I used to be obsessed with Muse in high school. Then Drones came out and it faded, and then Simulation Theory came out and it really faded. Yeah, this is pretty good though.


JID - The Forever Story:

This man... I legit said two weeks ago right before he announced the album that this shit was never coming out. I can rest easy now, because it's amazing. Now get Freddie Gibbs to drop SSS and I'll leave everyone alone.


Roc Marciano & the Alchemist - The Elephant Man's Bones:

Fantastic collaborators who couldn't be more perfectly suited to each other's sounds. A match made in stoner's heaven. 


DJ Khaled - GOD DID:

This dingus is still around making music people are instantly forgetting about.


Ray Vaughn - "Dawg House (feat. Isaiah Rashad)":

This is incredible, and Ray Vaughn has been nothing but "meh" to me until now. TDE is really trying to step up post-Kendrick.


Jacob Banks - Lies About the War:

My weekly "try something new", Jacob Banks' voice is smooth, sultry, and soothing, and is just an overall fantastic musician. It will be infinitely better than the DJ Khaled album, I promise you.


SPEED ROUND: Totally expected a new Arctic Monkeys song as they announced their eighth (!) album is out this October; Meechy Darko, Mach-Hommy, and Meyhem Lauren all put out some great rap releases; new Marcus Mumford single, the Migos are competing via solo and duo singles, and Rina Sawayama is winding down her album rollout with "Phantoms".

________________________________________________


What are you listening to today? Did we miss any big releases? Let us know in the comments below!

- Ritter

Comments