Fresh Friday - June 10th, 2022

Welcome back for another week of Fresh Friday. So nice of them to keep releasing Fridays to coincide with new music! 

Not many new albums out this week, but lots of singles in anticipation of upcoming albums. Check out our list of what to listen to below:


Halsey - "So Good":

After all of that weird TikTok label drama, Halsey went on to release the disputed song. I don't know about "so" good, but it is pretty good.

Pharrell Williams - "Cash In Cash Out (feat. 21 Savage & Tyler, the Creator)":

Someone tweeted a while ago that they wished 21 and Tyler would hit the studio together, and Pharrell took that as a challenge. This song is insane, it will stay on repeat for me.

SZA - Ctrl (Deluxe):

It may not be a new album per se, but any new SZA is good SZA in this humble writer's opinion. Great to see an album get a worth, 5-year anniversary reissue. Also, huge missed opportunity for SZA & TDE not to name this "Ctrl Alt Deluxe".

Demi Lovato - "Skin of My Teeth":

Demi is back! And they're punk! We love the new look and the new sound, I'm just wondering how long this Olivia Rodrigo-influenced pop-rock resurgence can survive for anyone in this age.

King Princess - "Curse/Too Bad":

For their upcoming sophomore album, King Princess has released some great standalone tracks. I'm afraid that "Too Bad" has blown all of the previous singles out of the water so far.

Jack White - "If I Die Tomorrow":

The rollout for Jack's second album of 2022 has begun, with the downtempo crooner setting a very different precedent than April's Fear of the Dawn.

Kid Cudi - "Do What I Want":

This is the premiere single for both Cudi's upcoming album Entergalactic and a Netflix movie of the same name. It's pretty okay!

E L U C I D - I Told Bessie:

One half of the fantastic underground-NYC hip-hop duo, Armand Hammer (whom Brandon and I saw in concert recently), E L U C I D has put out a fantastic collection of mostly self-produced tracks. 

Soccer Mommy - "newdemo":

Not sure if this is pronounced "new demo" or "nude emo", but I'll stop asking questions. Soccer Mommy's album is one of the most highly anticipated releases this year, so for that reason I stopped listening to new singles. Enjoy it for me!


________________________________________________


What are you listening to today? Did we miss any big releases? Let us know in the comments below!

- Ritter

Comments