Top 20 Tuesday: Pusha T's "It's Almost Dry"

It's been four years and a whole lot of drama since Pusha T released his last album. Although there's a lot less press (and a lot less beef, unless you ask McDonalds) circling It's Almost Dry compared to 2018's Daytona, that's not to say It's Almost Dry isn't as noteworthy.



In fact, Pusha builds on just about every aspect of Daytona that made it so enjoyable, and double's down on what makes it great. From Pharell and Ye's incredible production to the disturbing new Joker laugh ad-lib creeping through certain songs, It's Almost Dry is a hell of a late-career album.

Most importantly, Pusha T proves why he should be in every Top 5 list for the rest of his career -- his master wordplay is particularly on display across all 12 songs. So of course, we had to pick out the hardest bars (from Push and select guests) from every song. Happy Top 20 Tuesday:



1. "Let the Smokers Shine the Coupes": 

"I got it baby, I'm Jim Perdue // cocaine's Dr. Seuss"

2. "Dreamin' of the Past":

"You hollerin' "top five," I only see "top me" // Award shows the only way you bitches could rob me"

3. "Neck & Wrist":

"Summer time, Winter Fell, I'm the Night King"

4. "Neck & Wrist":

"They like, 'If BIG was alive, Hov wouldn't be in his position' // If BIG had survived, y'all would have got The Commission // Hov was gon' always be Hov // It 'twas the universe will 'cause Allah said so, and now I'm here"

5. "Just So You Remember":

"You rappers apply for the stimulus // Livin' a lie, but die for your images"

6. "Just So You Remember":

"Flew your bitch to Cuba for the thrill of it // But I ain't go, to show you what you shoulda did"

7. "Just So You Remember":

"The purest snow, we sellin' white privilege // Designer drugs will turn ****** limitless"

8.  "Just So You Remember":

"The book of blow, just know I'm the Genesis"

9. "Just So You Remember":

"His Pyrex talks, but I'm the ventriloquist // Language different, I'm damn near an immigrant"

10. "Rock N Roll":

"Every plot got a twist, when you sink a battleship"

11. "Rock N Roll":

"I'm the trap, I'm the fix, I'm the broker, I'm The Joker // In the deck, Arthur Fleck, when he's pissed, triple six"

12. "Call My Bluff":


"Calling my bluff, gon' answer, 'Hello' // Service with a smile when I hand out halos // Shotclock shooters, when I point 'em, they go"

13. "Hear Me Clearly":

"Hear me clearly, if y'all ****** fear me, just say y'all fear me"



14. "Hear Me Clearly":

"Wish upon a star that's beyond yo' reach // Or you can lay with him in misery, and grind yo' teeth"

15. "Open Air":

"All that frontin' in your raps, you holdin', where? // We turnin' on the lights, you roaches clear"

16. "Open Air":

"In these ten crack commandments, I'm Moses, yeah"

17. "I Pray For You":

"Rarely do you see the Phoenix rise from the ashes // Lightnin' struck twice on four classics"

18. "I Pray For You":

"Vietnam flashbacks, I get triggered by a sniff"

19. "I Pray For You":

"Today's top fives only strengthenin' my myth // Belong on Rushmore just from chiselin' a brick"

20. "I Pray For You":

"Watch my brother 'round you bitches, I know he pretends // I greet you with the love of God, that don't make us friends // I might whisper in his ear, 'Bury all of them' "

________________________________________________

On a scale of 1 to "I've got tetanus," how bad was your lockjaw when listening to It's Almost Dry? Let us know in the comments below, and give us a YEUGH!

- Ritter

Comments